Monday, September 15, 2014

Polyester and Pantyhose Silhouettes of the ‘Sixties, fashion exhibition

Last week I had the absolute pleasure of listening to the delightful Nicole Jenkins from Circa Vintage, talk about fashion in the 1960's. Especially focusing on the fashion houses here in Melbourne and talking about some of the 1960's items, which she brought along to the talk.

The talk was part of the fashion exhibition Polyester and Pantyhose Silhouettes of the Sixties brought to you by The Gallery, Arts and Cultural Centre, at Brighton Town Hall.

Nicole Jenkins talk was full of some amazing facts, anecdotes and information. Miss Jenkins showed so much passion and knowledge about her interest in fashion throughout the decades. I so got a buzz, that I felt I was transported back to the 60's.

Also I had the thrill to view some original 1960's clothes, beautifully displayed in the exhibition. I just couldn't get over the colour, which just popped out and was defiantly eye candy for the 1960's enthusiast.



The Polyester and Pantyhose Silhouettes of the ‘Sixties, fashion exhibition finishes on the 28th of September, 2014.  Click here for details. 



No comments:

Post a Comment